I cannot believe how soon it is until I leave for Europe! Lately, I have been working on packing my suitcases and it has been a struggle! I am running into a number of problems including…
- I can only bring a checked bag and a carry on since I have to lug around all the bags by myself
- Since I am student teaching, I have to pack a lot of dress clothes which limits the amount of “street clothes” i have room for
- SHOES, SHOES, and more SHOES! I need too many shoes to go with my dress clothes.
- Because it is going to be cold, I have to pack a warm coat and that alone takes up too much space!
- Electronics….my carry on has so many electronics in it that are awkwardly shaped and take up too much space. I am bringing my “fancy” camera and that alone takes up a good third of my carry on!
- 50 lbs weight limit for my checked bag
I have already packed and then unpacked and taken out clothes, but I keep thinking about things I need to add! I am using the vacuum bags for my clothes, it is just the darn shoes taking up so much space! I think in the end, I will just end up paying for an extra bag on the flight home….which will cost $100! I can’t believe how expensive it is!